As you design your fitness program, keep these points in mind:
- Consider your fitness goals.
- Create a balanced routine.
- Start low and progress slowly.
- Build activity into your daily routine.
- Plan to include different activities.
- Allow time for recovery.
- Put it on paper.
What should a beginner do at the gym?
Beginner Weight/Strength Training Workout
- Running, Treadmill. 1 set, 5-10 minutes.
- Leg Press. 1 set, to failure.
- Lying Leg Curls. 1 set, to failure.
- Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown. 1 set, to failure.
- Butterfly. 1 set, to failure.
- Triceps Pushdown – Rope Attachment. 1 set, to failure.
- Machine Bicep Curl.
- Machine Shoulder (Military) Press.
How do I start working out for the first time?
Sample Workouts for Beginners
- Cardiovascular activity. Start by doing an aerobic activity, like walking or running, for a sustained 20-30 minutes, four to five times a week, says Bryant.
- Strength conditioning. Start by doing one set of exercises targeting each of the major muscle groups.
- Flexibility training.
How do I start working out at 50?
Here’s how you can begin introducing regular exercise into your life after 50.
- Find your motivation.
- Keep it regular.
- Start slowly.
- Try out a variety of activities.
- You don’t have to go to the gym to workout.
- Incorporate some strength-training and flexibility exercises.