Increase the weight, drop the reps
Moderate-rep sets are important when training for muscle size, which directly pumps up training volume.
However, to build strength, you’re going to have to train with heavier weights, meaning you’ll do fewer reps.
Your first exercise of each training day is your main lift.
How can I increase my power to lift weight?
Part 2 Adding More Weight
- Add more weight on a day that you feel good.
- Do a warm-up before you start lifting.
- Add a little weight at a time.
- Lift heavy weights for compound exercises.
- Exercise with about 10% less than the maximum you can lift.
- Increase your rest time between sets when you lift more weight.
How fast should you increase weight when lifting?
As a rule, many fitness professionals will say not to increase your weight by more than 10% at a time. So if you are currently lifting 100 pounds on a barbell squat, add no more than 10 lbs. when it’s time to increase the weight.
How can I increase my strength in gym?
Suggested clip · 97 seconds
5 Easy Tips to GAIN STRENGTH Fast! – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How can I increase my squat weight?
10 Killer Tips to Boost Your Squat
- Train for Maximum Strength. Despite the fact you need to train heavy to build maximum strength, people often neglect heavy weights.
- Train Submaximal Reps for Power.
- Train Speed and Speed-Strength.
- Squat Twice Per Week.
- Train Your Squat Depth.
- Cycle in Front Squats.
- Spread the Floor.
- Train the Pause.