Try putting these eats in your mouth to keep your eyes open—no coffee required!
- Green Tea. Dehydration can make you feel sleepy, but getting plenty of fluids will help boost alertness.
- Chocolate. Cocoa beans naturally contain alertness-boosting caffeine, but not as much as coffee.
- Whole Grains.
Afternoon Snacks to Stay Awake | Sleep.org
https://www.sleep.org › articles › snacks-that-keep-you-awake
How can I stop feeling sleepy?
Try some of these 12 jitter-free tips to take the edge off sleepiness.
- Get Up and Move Around to Feel Awake.
- Take a Nap to Take the Edge Off Sleepiness.
- Give Your Eyes a Break to Avoid Fatigue.
- Eat a Healthy Snack to Boost Energy.
- Start a Conversation to Wake Up Your Mind.
- Turn Up the Lights to Ease Fatigue.
What should you eat when you feel weak?
This will keep your body fueled regularly and may even help you lose weight.
- Unprocessed foods.
- Fresh, seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- Non-caffeinated beverages.
- Lean proteins.
- Whole grains and complex carbs.
- Nuts and seeds.
- Vitamins and supplements.
What foods make you tired?
6 Surprising Foods That Make You Tired
- Pasta. Yes, the carbs give you a jolt of energy, but “eating refined carbohydrates like pasta can cause a rise in blood sugar, followed by a plunge in insulin levels, which can cause fatigue and weakness,” says Dr. Peeke.
- Red meat.