Here are a few examples of quick and easy meals to eat after your workout:
- Grilled chicken with roasted vegetables.
- Egg omelet with avocado spread on toast.
- Salmon with sweet potato.
- Tuna salad sandwich on whole grain bread.
- Tuna and crackers.
- Oatmeal, whey protein, banana and almonds.
- Cottage cheese and fruits.
What should I take during workout?
The best bet for rehydration is to consume a low-cal beverage that contains electrolytes such as sodium and potassium. Good choices include sports drinks (go low-cal if your workout), try coconut water, or water with a slice of fruit. The refreshing hint of flavor may drive you to drink more.
What should I eat before and after the gym?
Ideally, fuel up two hours before you exercise by:
Eating healthy carbohydrates such as whole-grain cereals (with low-fat or skim milk), whole-wheat toast, low-fat or fat-free yogurt, whole grain pasta, brown rice, fruits and vegetables.
What should I eat 30 minutes before a workout?
The Best Things to Eat After a Workout
- Raisin bread with cottage cheese and sliced bananas.
- A whole-wheat tortilla with hummus.
- Plain Greek yogurt with walnuts and honey.
- Flavored kefir.
- Whole-wheat crackers with cheese and dried figs.
- A couple of eggs with toast and fruit.
What should we eat before going to gym?
These great ideas of the best pre-workout foods will give you plenty of energy for your training session:
- Fruit smoothies.
- Yogurt parfaits with granola and fruit.
- Whole grain bread with a couple of slices of lean meat.
- Chicken with rice and vegetables.
- Apples with peanut butter and raisins.
- Greek yogurt.